How to Improve Your Skin
As you age, your skin changes. Natural collagen and elastin loss can create wrinkles and sagging skin, especially on the face. Excessive sun exposure can also cause premature signs of aging. With these factors working against your skin, it’s essential to help your skin stay young.
One of the best ways to improve the skin on your face is through diligent skin care. An effective skin care routine only requires a few steps and simple products. Pair your daily skin care regimen with various med spa services, and you can unlock the fountain of youth!
Creating the Perfect Skin Care Routine
Everyone’s skin care routine is unique. Your cleansing and moisturizing products will vary depending on your age, skin type and additional medical concerns. The most important part of your skin care regimen is consistency. Washing and hydrating your face every day can do wonders for your skin — and your confidence!
Here are the foundational components for any skin care routine:
- Cleanser: Starting and ending your day with a clean face is one of the best ways to eliminate dirt, dead skin cells and excessive oils.
- Moisturizer: Your skin needs moisture to stay healthy and hydrated. Without it, you can start seeing wrinkles at a much earlier age.
- Makeup remover: If you wear makeup, give your skin the gift of washing it off before bed, allowing new skin cells to regenerate.
Must-Have Skin Care Products
Once you’ve got the basics down, it’s time for a few must-have items. Keep the following products in your regimen for bright, glowing skin:
- Retinol: Retinol is a form of Vitamin A that encourages new collagen cells. By applying topical retinol serums every night, you can see fewer fine lines on your face. Retinol also brightens the skin and helps your body heal from acne scars.
- Sunscreen: One of the best things you can do for your skin is wear sunscreen every day. Protect yourself from harmful UV rays and prevent further signs of aging.
- Exfoliating serums: Hydroxy acid chemical peels are an excellent way to exfoliate the skin. Get a serum with hyaluronic acid or glycolic acid to experience unmatched anti-aging results!
Additional Procedures to Prevent Signs of Aging
Skin care should be a daily practice to maintain healthy and happy skin, but it can’t reverse or prevent the effects of time. Luckily, we’ve got something that does. With our med spa services, you can eliminate wrinkles and fine lines for good. Achieve your best results with injectables treatments working alongside your skin care routine.
Some of our favorite procedures to help improve your skin include:
- Microneedling: Rejuvenate your skin with our microneedling for wrinkles. By gently applying tiny needles to the face, we can stimulate new collagen and elastin production. Microneedling is effective at any age and can reduce the appearance of wrinkles, shrink your pores, reduce blemishes and acne scars and enhance your overall complexion in just one session!
- Botox: There’s nothing quite like Botox — we like to call them wrinkle relaxers for their incredible ability to treat harsh lines on the skin. Botox can eliminate wrinkles with a few simple injections, from crow’s feet to frown lines.
- Dermal fillers: Dermal fillers use hyaluronic acid to plump and pre-juvenate the skin. We can apply dermal fillers throughout the face to create an effortless contour.
Take the First Step Toward Ageless Skin
You can achieve glowing skin with a well-rounded skin care routine. Pair your daily regimen with regular injectables treatment to reverse the effects of aging!
At Face Forward Aesthetics, we help our valued clients reach their beauty goals through effective, affordable med spa services. Our expert team helps you choose the best treatment options so you can go home looking and feeling amazing. To learn more about our injectable anti-aging services, book a consultation today!
Nicole Talley, APRN-CNP
Nicole Talley is a board-certified nurse practitioner as well as a certified aesthetic nurse practitioner. She completed her BSN at the University of Kentucky and worked as a critical care nurse for 7 years. She graduated from Otterbein University with her family nurse practitioner degree in 2019. She is certified by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. She has been with Face Forward Aesthetics since 2019. She loves working together with patients to develop a treatment plan, providing education, witnessing their transformation, and watching their confidence flourish by the end. Outside of the office, Nicole loves to spend time with her husband, family, and friends, traveling to new places, and trying new restaurants.