5 Benefits of Microneedling
Microneedling is one of the newest cosmetic procedures. It involves using small, sterile needles to pierce your skin and stimulate your skin’s collagen production. Collagen is an essential part of skin cells — telling your body to produce more results in faster skin turnover. This increased turnover can benefit skin-related concerns immensely, ranging from acne to rosacea.
Learn more about microneedling and decide if it’s right for you with Face Forward Aesthetics.
Benefits of Professional Microneedling
Professional microneedling is practiced all over the world. Dermatologists everywhere have recognized how microneedling can help a variety of consumer concerns. At FFA, many people choose microneedling for the following benefits:
- Reduce signs of aging and sun damage: Aging is a natural part of life, but you don’t have to accept the fine lines and wrinkles that come with it. Stimulating collagen production results in smoother, younger skin that’s less prone to sun damage.
- Fade acne and scars: Hyperpigmentation is common for acne-prone skin. Microneedling encourages new skin growth while getting rid of old cells, so scars fade faster. It also shrinks your pores, preventing new acne from appearing and risking new spots.
- Improve skincare effectiveness: Since the needles break down your skin’s barrier, applying creams, serums and moisturizers is more effective as the healing process begins. These treatments can get deeper into your skin and touch old scars and skin conditions.
- Treat hair loss: Conditions like alopecia can cause bald spots and hair loss. Microneedling also hits the hair follicles within the skin, encouraging them to grow more hair faster.
- Have fewer side effects: Similar treatments, like laser and chemical peels, can be so intense that it takes weeks for your skin to heal. With microneedling, you’ll be feeling like a better version of yourself within 72 hours.
DIY vs. Professional Microneedling Treatments
As microneedling has become a more widespread practice over the years, at-home treatments are popping up everywhere, and you may be wondering if you should save yourself some money and try it at home. While microneedling at home can produce some results, professional microneedling will give you better, longer-lasting results.
Professionals have experience and better tools that create deeper divots in your skin, resulting in more collagen stimulation. With professional work, you’re likely to see results faster and not need as many treatment sessions.
Schedule Your Appointment With FFA Today
Many people are concerned about the pain that may come from treatment, but Face Forward Aesthetics can soothe those thoughts. We provide topical lidocaine to all who request it for our services. You can be as comfortable as possible while you revive your skin.
Connect with our providers today, and they’ll help you understand all the benefits you can get from our professional microneedling treatment. Then, be sure to book your appointment and get a free consultation!
Nicole Talley, APRN-CNP
Nicole Talley is a board-certified nurse practitioner as well as a certified aesthetic nurse practitioner. She completed her BSN at the University of Kentucky and worked as a critical care nurse for 7 years. She graduated from Otterbein University with her family nurse practitioner degree in 2019. She is certified by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. She has been with Face Forward Aesthetics since 2019. She loves working together with patients to develop a treatment plan, providing education, witnessing their transformation, and watching their confidence flourish by the end. Outside of the office, Nicole loves to spend time with her husband, family, and friends, traveling to new places, and trying new restaurants.