The use of coconut oil has been around for centuries.
It’s been used for cooking, health benefits, hair, skin, and nails. It’s use dates all the way back to ancient Egypt! But, it’s no wonder. There are endless benefits to this amazing extract. Coconut oil is used around the world as a beauty supplement in skin care routines. Here are some reasons why:
- It contains natural antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Coconut oil has been found to work more efficiently as a skin moisturizer than oils.
- Not only that, but it’s excellent as a make-up remover and contains vitamins and healthy fats needed to keep skin supple, soft, and hydrated all day.
- Coconut oil is free of paraffin and parabens. Although these preservatives can be useful in small doses, they can clog pores and eventually cause dry skin.
- In addition, it provides protection from the sun! Since it’s derived from the tropics, it’s found to protect skin from harmful rays while still allowing the skin to breathe and absorb essential vitamins from the suns rays (vitamin D).
- Coconut oil is extremely affordable. It can be found in any grocery store in 100% concentration in solid form. And if that’s not enough…
- It’s easy to store and easy to use! It even transforms from a solid to a liquid just from the warmth of our own hands. How cool is that?
So see, the benefits are simply endless. And, the list only goes on. It’s why we value utilizing coconut enzymes in our facials. It helps breakdown those dead skin cells and promotes healthier younger looking skin, while allowing for a deeper penetration of hydration. Bottom line is coconut oil is a staple item everyone should have in their bathroom, shower, and kitchen! Stayed tuned next week for some top beauty secrets. In the mean time, have you pampered yourself yet?